One major issue I faced with deepin was with the software updater and installing any software’s from store. Even though I have a 50 mbps connection, the update or installation was dead slow. You don’t even feel like there is any activity happening. I searched and found that the issue is with the default mirror Deepin is using and following steps can be followed to rectify this issue (also please check the update below)
- Open the control center by either taking your mouse pointer to the right bottom corner or clicking on to the “Control Center” icon on the dock bar.
- Now locate the icon which resembles “i” inside a circle (please check screenshot) and clicking on it will open the deepin information panel.
- Locate the update section and click on to the Gear icon. This will open a new section with 2 options. Select the button with text “Switch” next to “Mirrors”.
- On clicking on to Switch will open a list of repository mirrors. Left text is the mirror name and the right text is the speed of the mirror.
- Locate if any mirrors got speed “Fast”, if so select that else select any of the “Medium” speed mirror.
- Once done click on to “Done” button. Now the update/install should be much faster.
The above solution was initially working for me, but after few days it was not. Even the faster mirror was giving me very low speed and it was quite annoying. Due to this problem i had to switch from Deepin to another distro (currently am using Mint Linux). As of now i didn’t find any other solution to fix this issue and hope developers will fix this issue in the near future.